Wednesday, September 3, 2014

REVIEW: The Big Lebowski (Movie)


The Big Lebowski
Directed/Written By: Joel and Ethan Coen
Stars: Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Julianne Moore

"I'm the Dude, man."

The Big Lebowski may have come out a little over 15 years ago, but it was only yesterday that a friend encouraged me to watch it for the first time.

Previous to this, I've had a few acquaintances refer to me as "the Big Lebowski" in certain situations. Of course I had heard of the movie, but I was clueless as to why they deemed me worthy of the nickname. After seeing the movie, I realize the accuracy of their name-calling. Nonchalant, carefree, and the worst luck imaginable. Not to mention the hippie-esque wardrobe...sounds pretty close to my personality.

The Big Lebowski focuses on "Jeff Lebowski" more commonly called "the Dude". A laid back, unemployed, bowling-loving hippie. He is mistaken for a rich man under the same name of Lebowski. This leads to a string of ridiculous events that have him following the rich Lebowski's request to bring back his kidnapped wife. The Dude's two friends and bowling partner, Donny - an airhead at best, and Martin - an angry Vietnam vet - accompany him along the way.

The cast, characters, and iconic quotes are what really make this move the cult classic that it's become. Jeff Bridges stars as "the Dude", and the best person I could've possibly imagined to do so. Julianne Moor, John Goodman, and Steve Buscemi are just a few of the supporting characters alongside the Dude. Aside from the flawless cast, the quotes alone deem the movie endlessly re-watchable (in my opinion). The Dude is painfully blase about almost every situation he comes into contact with, delivering a plentiful amount of witty comebacks along the way for us to quote back.

In short, this film is a must see for comedy fans. The funniest movie I've seen this year, by far, and definitely in the top 10 for my all time funniest.

CHARACTERS: 5 of 5
STORY: 5 of 5
GRAPHICS: 5 of 5
OVERALL: 5 stars all the way. Take away the perfect characters/cast/quotes and the plot would be bland, but the Coen brothers blended it flawlessly. Will definitely be re-watching frequently.



1 comment:

Clipping Path Service said...

This is nice effective information. Thanks for sharing with us.