Thursday, February 16, 2012

New Inkage &Things

First of all, how was everybody's Valentines Day? Did you spend it with a loved one? Alone? Friends/family? I hope it was enjoyable, however it went!
As for me, I decided to do something a little different this year. I've never been a huge celebrator of Valentines Day, though I do like receiving/giving out candy. However, this past year, I was not able to buy anything for my boyfriend for his birthday or Christmas. I'm in major debt from when my dog broke his leg. The surgery cost $10k! Can you believe that? But anyways, to make up for it, I promised myself that I would do something special for him for Valentines Day.
I got to thinking what I could get him, but everything just seemed...eh. Clothes he would just wear and get tired of in a few months. Music, nah. Skateboards would be broken within the month, etc.
Then I thought about what first attracted me to him....his interest in Japan, but first and foremost...his TATTOOS!
So what better to get him than a tattoo session!! 
That's exactly what I did. There is one tattoo that he's been talking about getting since we started dating over 2 years ago. 
So finally, I had it arranged!


This is his tattoo artist Q. He owns a shop in Kailua called House of Ink. They also have a shop in Waikiki. If you guys are ever on Oahu and want a tattoo, I strongly recommend them. He hires only the best artists'! 
We got these done on Friday because we were unsure whether he would available on Valentines Day.


The final product. Turned out super rad! This picture was taken by Q. 


I also got a tattoo. The Daruma Doll that I had drawn!! 


On actual Valentines Day we didn't do much, except hang out. However, I was woken up with breakfast in bed!! So grateful. He never does things like this. :]
He also bought me a new shirt that I've been wanting, as well as candy! 


The day before Valentines Day I received the Rilakkuma Iphone case that I had ordered. Unfortunately, the following day I broke my Iphone. So sad....back to my old phone then. ;[


A camwhore photo of me. I forgot Philip got me this shawl for Valentines Day haha. I love it so much!


On a side note, I must say, I've been drinking tons of green tea and my skin looks GREAT. I always thought it was kind of a bluff, but I needed a cheaper alternative to my Starbucks addiction, so I turned to tea. And it's really working, I'm so happy! 
My favorites so far are Apple Green Tea and also Blueberry/Pomegranate Green Tea!


1 comment:

A said...

-I LOVE the idea for the Daruma doll tattoo. Very cute design.

-I love your iphone case! Rkuma is cute on anything...

-Yummy! I love green tea. :) It's great for skin! I need to drink more of it myself...